Thursday, May 15, 2008

For want of a real post ...

I just spent ten minutes composing replies to the lovely comments on my last post, and while I was doing it I was wondering what to post next. I've long owed Stevie a S'mores post, and Dale an Autumn photo, but my lack of pictorial downloading nouse is getting in the way, so I've decided to cheat and post the replies as a new post. It looks nicely random and disjointed out of context, but a little surrealism is good for the soul. So "control c" and ...

Back again at last! More catching up to do and so little time to do it. Here we go:

Stevie, what can I say? S'mores are amazing, wonderful, decadent and delicious. Thank you SO much! It took us a while to get around to doing them, (because we were so rarely home all together and the occasion demanded a full house), but oh my goodness WOW! I PROMISE my next post will provide documentary evidence. And drool. I will downoad the pics this weekend, honest. (Preview: They are impossibly rich, your marshmallows are nothing like the ones we get here, nor do we have anything that tastes like Graham crackers, and the Aero milk ones were the favourite with everyone except me, who wavered between the Caramilk and the dark Aero. I am such a sophisticate! (Or maybe just a piggy.)

Grace, it is weird to read of the different seasons my bloggy friends are experiencing, but nice. I hope you have a lovely summer. At the moment I am cosying up in front of an open fire. Global village, eh?

Vally my lovely, you understand. Always. I will kick through the next pile of leaves I see just for you.

Mads - you are, as ever, a cheeky brat. (For the benefit of others, the morning my eldest ratbag posted this, I had hidden from some Jehovah's Witnesses who rang the doorbell - three times. I was still in my jim-jams, was enjoying my solitude, and I really didn't want to be bothered - and I saw them coming. Does that make me a bad person? If so, I can live with it.)

Dan, you are a GOOD person. You wouldn't have hidden. I did read the Watchtower brochure they left though. It was rubbish I'm afraid. You are not.

Dale - I wish you were sitting beside me too! you are one of those special souls I would just love to meet "for real". Any time. I will try to find you some nice pics of our Autumn / Fall. I think the loveliest bits have passed, but I might get lucky. Oh, and your explanation of "Boinging" made my day. Brilliant!

Gypsy - who are you calling topsy turvey? it all depends on your perspective. But if I'm upside down, it may explain the constant rush of blood to the head. And the fact that my knickers never ride up.

Cheryl Ann - you're back! I must visit you. I must visit everyone. I must find time to do what I want to do. And yes, it was more than a moment. I stretched it to a morning. Naughty but nice.

Koos, thank you for your very kind words. And don't think I've forgotten your vague plans to travel down our way at some point. When you get sick of Poland. Now about your private situation ...

Lannio, I haven't visited you for so long! My loss. If you do find yourself in Melbourne sometime next year, or any time, PLEASE get in touch. Canada treated my Em really well, and I'd love to have a chance to repay the hospitality with you.


So that's it. Time to rake out the fire and head for bed. I just might do a bit of blog-surfing first though ....

16 Comments:

Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Hi Margie,
I too have been a bad blogger. A busy, happy life is a great reason, so I won't beat myself up too badly.

After our long, wonderfully snowy winter, it seems odd to read about someone else's autumn leaves. It's so nice to have cross-cultural exchanges, to bring s'mores across the globe. Decadence should be shared.

I hope you're well. We're in the mad dash days to the end of the school year, and I'm looking forward to our lazy days of summer.

xx
AM

9:22 pm  
Blogger Dale said...

It's difficult for my colleques to understand that I visited Australia before arriving at the office in the morning...

11:30 pm  
Blogger Vallypee said...

I too will be enjoying crisp cold mornings and the probability of a hissing gas fire in three weeks time - and I'm really really looking forward to it. Why? Because I too will be in the southern half of the world, visiting my wonderful lovely Mo and her gorgeous husband. I will miss the leaves..figuratively and actually..as it will already be full on winter in Postmasburg (not far from Hotazel - say it), and while it will still be nudging 25 c during the day, it will most likely be freezing at night.

So darling Margie, I will send you a virtual wave across the oceans there, and breath the sharp air of the mornings and think of you.

12:15 am  
Blogger Vallypee said...

breathe....

12:16 am  
Blogger Dale said...

So does that mean I'm invited?

12:37 pm  
Blogger Dale said...

Oh I clicked on "Yes".

;)

12:37 pm  
Blogger MargieCM said...

Anne-Marie, you're so right. A busy, happy life getting in the way of indulgences like this is good. I'm greedy though. I want both, cos this makes me happy too! And yes, decadence should be shared.

Dale - haha, you could almost visit me in your sleep now! I remember getting up at 3am to watch live "Attic" webcasts. Believe me, I felt I was in a weird little minority down here. I liked it though, especially being able to blog with tohres at the same time. Special. The internet shrinks the world.

Vally, how lovely that you're going visiting. First time since the wedding, yes? throw a log on the fire for me. Or put a penny in the slot, or whatever. (25 deg C in winter? Wow, we should have winters like that!) Oh, and I lent that South African history to a friend of mine at work - she is S. African, and was brought up as a Pastor's daughter in Cape Town. Her two small daughters had their first years of school there too. She says she'll tell me how accurate the history is, but at first glance she thought it looked very like those she grew up with. I'll report back.

Dale, did clicking "Yes" get you anywhere?

7:05 pm  
Blogger Cheryl Ann said...

Hi Margie,
To get your offical wholigan t-shirt....When you log in to the site, click into the edit profile section (upper left corner) and there you will find the "e-mail" they said they were going to send out. then follow where they take you and waalaa.
I fell asleep with mine on the other night and when i woke up i had a chuckle saying "I just slept with The Who" ::giggles::

Have a fun weekend!

11:25 pm  
Blogger grace said...

omg, a cozy fire normally sounds every inviting, but right now since we were at about 100 degrees today..we had ours outside :)

12:47 pm  
Blogger MargieCM said...

Cheryl An - thanks for the tip! I just did it, and all looks promising. I'd never have stumbled on that myself, so many thanks. Before long my girl, you will have to share your sleeping companions!

Grace - 100 degrees! I know how that feels, and it is NOT open fire weather. Bushfire weather, yes. Hope you escape those at least.

7:02 pm  
Blogger MargieCM said...

CA - come back soon and I'll give you the other "n".

7:03 pm  
Blogger Suesjoy said...

Hi Margie!
Oh it's bad blogger Sue...I have a lot of catching up to do here, I see.

Hope you are well.
LOL at your hiding from the JWs!
hee hee.
I think I'm guilty of doing that too!

Thanks so much for your comment on Anjoli's performance. She WAS a bit nervous and was concentrating very hard, plus she was perturbed at her parents for having a stupid little argument about taking photos (before we went into the auditorium for the recital).
Marriage...parenthood...sometimes it brings out the WORST in me, sad to say.
:(

Still, I am so proud of that girl. She never ceases to amaze me- she really has a joie de vivre that makes all the tricky stuff worthwhile.

Hope we can see some autumn pics eventually!

Take care.
Love,
Suexx

9:35 pm  
Blogger Vallypee said...

Hi Margie, just checking in to see how you're doing. Life is busy and bright, and not so much blogging is being done by anyone these days, but it's so good to keep in touch this way. Hope you're having a busy and happy time, my lovely friend.

4:51 pm  
Blogger NeanS said...

hello Margie!

I've been a bad blogger! a very bad blogger indeed...havent updated mine since ocober last year..am going to do something about that soon. I must admit Ive been seduced by myspace!!

I saw the other day that Paul Weller is playing here on the 16th of August at the forum theatre was wondering if you'd be interested in going to see him.

I know Martha Wainwright and The Eels have/are touring soon but I have to be quite ruthless these days with my budget and stuff and June is already spent as I'm going to Canberra for the weekend on the 20th for a friends 40th birthday and that has cleaned me out!

all the best

Neans

11:08 pm  
Blogger Lannio said...

The internet sure makes this world a "global village".

Thanks for the invite. At this moment in time I have no idea where I'll visit (except Perth, which is where my brother lives).

Right now it feels like Autumn here. We had great temperatures a couple of weeks ago - but right now we're lucky if the mercury reaches 10C!! Thank goodness the forecast is saying 20+ for the week-end!

8:56 pm  
Blogger MargieCM said...

Sue, Autumn is not pretty here at the moment, but I'll see what I can do. And Anjoli is just beautiful in every way, as well as talented. No wonder she brings you such joy.

Vally, I have been sooooo bad. I miss you all dreadfully. Colin's just left for another two weeks in the UK, so I might sneak a bit more time now - or I might just get busier. We'll see.

Neans - I'm so sorry not to have been in touch sooner. As you can see from my lack of regular blogging, this is shaping up to be an incredibly hectic year. I'll email you about Paul Weller - I need to confirm the date of some surgery I'm having and the recovery time. I've just bought tickets to see the Whitlams with the MSO (at great expense), and co-incidentally we're off to Canberra early next month for a few days too, then later on to Sydney for a wedding, so I sympathise with the budgeting stuff.

Lannio, see how you go. Melbourne, of course, is about as far away from Perth as you can get on this huge continent, but the offer stands.

11:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home